Bob Friedrich has worked both sides of the grant process in his 35-year professional career. He has worked as a funding and/or program officer, educator, and manager. His work took him from national program funding design teams to implementing programs that flowed from United National priorities, to working with small community-based organizations.
Bob runs his own consulting company, where he helps organizations obtain in the financial support they need to operate. He has taught at the university level helping a variety of students including individuals from not-for-profit organizations and municipal government as they work to gain the skills needed to help their organizations write stronger proposals.
Currently, Bob's clients include small, home-based businesses to multi-million dollar corporations, large national not-for-profit entities, and artists.
During his career Bob worked on teams that won three national awards of excellence for their work, as well as regional and local awards.
Bob has a number of awards to his credit for projects he worked collaboratively on:
- 3 Deputy Minister awards of Excellence for being part of National teams which achieved significant results in pan Canadian projects
- CO Badge award winner from Saskatoon Police Service and Saskatoon Rotary for a project on Diversity
- A national Suggestion award for the early adoption of video training as a tool, Government of Canada
- Beatty Szuchewycz - Multicultural Council of Sask (MCOS) for outstanding contributions to Multiculturalism in Sask
- Life Time member of the Regina Multilingual Association